Make a Gift
You can help the School of Communication fulfill its mission of sustaining a close-knit community of students and teachers, committed to the highest standards of academic excellence.
Those that wish to dontate to the School of Communication general fund should use the following link:
Give to the School of Communication
Choose Your Passion
You can specify how you would like a donation to be used. Your entire contribution, i.e., 100% of each dollar, will be used according to your specifications; there are no administrative charges that will reduce your financial gift. You may call (309) 438-3671 to pledge your support or give online to any of the following initatives:
You can help the speech and debate teams win another national championship by providing funds that can be used for:
- Technology for debates (laptops, wifi hotspots)
- Scholarships (for recruiting and retaining students)
- Travel (always need help getting to tournaments)
TV-10 needs to replace its ENG gear, which gets used 3 times daily as students cover news and sports stories. We are shooting on cameras purchased in 2009 and 2010.
You can help power up WZND by providing funds that can be used to purchase the following equipment:
- WZND vehicle branding and maintenance ($2,500)
- Computers for website development, graphics, and music ($3,000)
- Studio furniture and technology upgrade ($5,000)
WZND and TV-10 have begun a shared sales effort under the direction of Deb Lesser. Students are working with clients for both WZND and TV-10. In addition, students are taking a new sales course. Help fund our goal of a new shared workspace as we move this effort to bring the WZND and TV-10 brands together in sales and marketing.
You can help us keep "talking SMACC" in the Social Media Analytics Command Center by providing funds that can be used to maintain software subscriptions and explore new ways of researching social media ($12,000)
You can help The Vidette produce multimedia content for print and the web by providing funds that can be used to purchase the following equipment:
- Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT two-flash wireless portrait kit ($1,350)
- Canon EOS 70D DSLR ($900)
- GoPRo HERO4 Action Camera ($280)
- Sigma 15 mm fisheye lens ($620)
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 lens ($1,200)