Background: The Lloyd and Mary Watkins fund was originally established in 1988 by a gift from Champion Federal Savings and Loan, headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois to honor former President and First Lady, Lloyd and Mary Watkins. At the request of Dr. Watkins, the purpose of the fund was changed to support scholarships in the School of Communication.
- Undergraduate student majoring in communication studies
- Enrolled in academic good standing in the School of Communication
- Experience and training in interpersonal/public address/speaking and leadership
- Applicants must posses a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- A strong commitment to the study and practice of communication
- Demonstrated creativity
- Submit a resume
- Submit a one page essay summarizing what the recipient has learned regarding how a vibrant communicator can better the lives of others through their communication knowledge, skills and experience
- Submit two letters of recommendation
Application: Download the application here
Deadline for application: February 17, 2020
Please submit all applications to the School of Communication office on the fourth floor of Fell Hall.