Background: In support of the ISU Campaign of Defining “Normal,” the Pantagraph made a five year (2004-2009) $25,000 gift commitment designated to the School of Communication. An endowed scholarship named in honor of the Pantagraph has been established to provide educational support to students preparing for professional work as journalists and/or in the area of Mass Communication.
- Enrolled in academic good standing at Illinois State University
- Declared major within the School of Communication
- Must have completed at least one semester as a full time graduate student or be a full time undergraduate student with a minimum of 60 earned credited hours
- Demonstrated strong academic achievement
- Applicants must possess a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Display leadership and a sincere interest in journalism as evidenced by participation in organizations as approved by the School of Communication
- Submit a resume
- Submit a one page essay explaining how your experiences in the School of Communication at Illinois State University will help you make a difference in the journalism profession
- Submit two letters of recommendation
Application: Download the application here
Deadline for application: January 31, 2019
Please submit all applications to the School of Communication office on the fourth floor of Fell Hall.