Background: This fund is established by an initial gift of $25,000 from the Randy Salerno foundation. Additional fundraising will be done by the School of Communication at ISU through contacts with alumni, faculty and friends who knew and appreciated Randy’s dedication to excellence in broadcast journalism.
- Enrolled in academic good standing at Illinois State University
- A full-time undergraduate student with a minimum of 30 earned credit hours
- A declared major of broadcast journalism
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid based on the information provided on the student’s FAFSA form
- Submit one updated resume
- Submit a one page essay demonstrating career goals and reflecting his/her interest in a career in broadcast journalism
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Funds must be used for educational expenses
Application: Download the application here
Deadline for application: January 31, 2019
Please submit all applications to the School of Communication office on the fourth floor of Fell Hall.