Every Monday from:
7:00pm - 8:00pm in Fell 162
How To Apply
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is a National Honor Society, with over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. It became affiliated with the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988 and the association’s official undergraduate honor society in July 1995. NCA is one of the primary professional organizations for communication. Lambda Pi Eta members understand the importance of communication in the world and strive to develop communication skills through knowledge and practice.
What Experience Will You Recieve?
You will be provided with opportunities such as professional and interactive experiences with fellow students, networking events with School of Communication faculty and alumni, as well as workshops and guest speakers relevant to your major/minor. Members have the opportunity to attend professional development workshops including SharePoint, InDesign, and LinkedIn. You will also participate in networking opportunities, civic engagement activities, and graduate school preparation workshops.
Lambda Pi Eta looks great on a resume and can really expand your networking while at Illinois State University. You will meet professors, as well as business professionals, in the field of communication. Lambda Pi Eta typically meets with C.O.M.M. Club (Communication Opportunities for Majors and Minors). Together, C.O.M.M. Club and Lambda Pi Eta offer professional and interactive experience for students in the School of Communication. C.O.M.M. Club is open to ALL communication majors and minors, and anyone inducted into Lambda Pi Eta will automatically become a member of C.O.M.M. for free.
To be eligable as a member of LPH, one must:
- have completed 60 semester credit-hours (Junior Status)
- have a minimum overall/cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 for all courses taken
- have at least a 3.25 GPA within her or his communication major/minor
- have completed at least 12 semester credit-hours within his or her communication major/minor
- be currently enrolled as a full-time student in good standing
- exhibit an exemplary commitment to the study of communication
Additional Application Information
- the process to become a member takes approximately 1-3 weeks
- applicants are welcome to attend the LPH meeting, but cannot vote until they are officially accepted and inducted into LPH
- applicants do not need someone else to nominate them, they can self-nominate and simply submit their application
- the application process is just electronically submitting your fully completed application form
- on the application form, be sure to “blow your own horn,” telling LPH how you have distinguished yourself in the field of communication