Background: The Vicki Lynn Kelley Endowed Scholarship Fund will support undergraduate students studying communication with a preference to those pursuing careers in radio journalism. It is the donor’s wish that selection not be based solely on academic merit but rather in tangible skills that will contribute to the students career success; initiative creativity, ethical leadership and a commitment to improving the lives of others through the field of communication.
- Must be an undergraduate student and enrolled in academic good standing in the School of Communication at Illinois State University
- Preference will be given to students pursuing careers in broadcast journalism majors
- Applicants must possess a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- A strong commitment to the field of broadcast journalism and demonstrated creativity, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Submit a resume
- Submit a one page essay explaining how your experiences in the School of Communication at Illinois State University will help you make a difference in the broadcast journalism profession
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
Application: Download the application here
Deadline for application: January 31, 2019
Please submit all applications to the School of Communication office on the fourth floor of Fell Hall.